The German province serves young people in the areas of: Social work – Education – Therapeutic care – Vocational training.
It works through a network of actors such as: 3 youth education institutes – 13 oratories – 13 therapeutic residential care homes – 10 youth centres – 9 schools – 11 vocational training centres
The successful work of the German Province relies on the professionalism of:
- 260 salesians
- 2000 employees
- and 20 social youth entities.
The work is carried out in a differentiated manner across various professional groups and locations offering up to 19 different vocational training possibilities and up to 39 vocational training possibilities. The training projects pay special attention to mental and emotional disorders and there is always the accompaniment of professional psychological, medical and social services – case management.
Specific support work for NEETS (Not in Education, Employment and Training) is carried out through:
- outreach work
- assistance 24-hours/7-days a week
- offer of common meals
- meaningful practical work especially in the fields of crafts and home economics
- support to the creation of a meaningful and regular daily structure
- help to clarify the individual problem areas
- debt and addiction prevention
- school tuition
- vocational guidance
- internships and socio-educational support of the transition in follow-up trainings, work and aftercare.